The Centre for Emotional Health is a therapy based organisation, promoting emotional health from psychotherapeutic, human rights and anthropological perspectives; offering one to one therapy, research consultancy and training.
We are dedicated to highlighting how we harm and how we heal; helping people to develop and maintain well-being and prevent ill-health.
Our full title is The Heart Centre for Emotional Health. We are so named to reposit the source of emotional health and the cause of distress in this physical centre, correcting the emphasis which is so commonly placed on the mind.
Our philosophy is that through developing and practicing self awareness we can achieve emotional balance and strength, leading to personal transformation and the fulfilment of potential.
One to one Psychotherapy and Counselling
Confidential expert help to help you work through emotional issues, to gain insight into feelings and patterns of behaviour and feel more in control of your life.
Research consultancy and training
Helping your organisation identify and research key issues related to emotional health, human rights and differing perspectives on how to achieve well-being; to influence policy, raise awareness and effect change
News and Information
Providing the latest news on emotional health issues from around the world
Through our services we aim to;
• Promote understanding of the impact of emotions in our everyday personal and professional lives
• Promote self-awareness as a foundation for maintaining good health and preventing ill health
• Help people to establish and maintain emotional wellbeing, encouraging and developing self-reliance
• Use an integrative approach, adapting to the specific needs of our clients, addressing emotional, physical and spiritual selves and needs
• Create a safe environment where clients feel able to express themselves and explore their feelings with honesty, are able to work at their own pace to develop new insights, meaning and self awareness
We work with;
• We work with all members of the general public and voluntary, public and private sector organisations
• We specialise in providing counselling for professionals who work with distressed client groups, including those in humanitarian, human rights, social work, nursing, legal and related fields; emphasising the importance of preventative self care and looking after you whilst looking after others
• We offer corporate schemes for NGOs to support emotional well being at work through psychotherapy and counselling
- - - - - - - -
Is a Talking Therapy encouraging the exploration of emotions in order to gain insight into feelings and patterns of behaviour. Counselling is about developing self awareness. Self awareness is key in maintaining well being through honest reflection about how you feel and why.